- 1. Introduction
- 2. WooCommerce Domain And Hosting Fees:
- 3. Tips To Choose The Right Host For Your Site
- 4. WooCommerce Theme Cost
- 5. WooCommerce Store Management Costs
- 6. WooCommerce Running Costs
- 7. Shop Maintenance Costs
- 8. Customer Communication
- 9. SEO
- 10. Developer Cost For Building A WooCommerce Site
- 11. Conclusion:
WooCommerce is an open-source platform. It can save you a significant amount of cost, but WooCommerce is a little costly, especially when you try to open a new store with it. Similar to the software, prices can be customized.
You can control a lot of your spending with several other tools. This article will discuss everything you need to know about the costs you will incur while building an eCommerce store.
WooCommerce Domain And Hosting Fees:
You will require a WordPress website that can use plugins because WooCommerce itself is a plugin. You will have to select a host for the store and purchase a plan in the first place.
It is not that difficult. You can follow the recommendations of the hosts of WooCommerce as well. The recommended hosts are excellent, to begin with. It does not matter if you want to migrate an eCommerce platform or run a big website; you will need to work alongside a host having WooCommerce expertise.
Tips To Choose The Right Host For Your Site
For picking up a host, follow the given below tips:
- Check the number of websites residing on your server. When you use a shared hosting plan, you need to know that all the resources are scattered between every website on the same server. Your website may get slow because of too many websites, especially during peak times.
- See the customer service. Make sure whatever you choose, the representatives are available 24*7 for help. Consider the support methods such as forums, live chat, phone calls, and others. Besides, see if the host you have selected charges any extra support fee.
- Look at the offered security features. See if email spam filters, malware prevention, and automatic backups are available or not.
- Consider the server uptime. Make sure that the percentage is high.
- See how your selected host performs when it comes to speed. The host is what makes your website fast. Please go through the reviews from customers and learn about their experiences. Besides, see the SSD servers and resource allocations like CPU and RAM.
- See if your website is easy to scale. Your website will grow. So, you must ensure that your hosting plan can be upgraded instead of migrating.
WooCommerce allows you to control what you invest and spend compared to several other eCommerce tools.
You may need to bear at least $3.95 every month, and it can range up to $5,000 per month. Several hosts offer a low-cost period or initial fee, and they come with discounts when you purchase the services for two years or more. On average, the hosting costs are generally $120 every year.
Then you will have to bear the cost of getting registered into a website name or domain. Domain registration is often inexpensive but rises with time, and you may need to pay about $15 every year for every domain name that you put to use.
Many hosts offer free domain searches. So, you can easily see if the name you love is available or not.
WooCommerce Theme Cost:
You will need to incur the cost of the WooCommerce theme.
Several eCommerce businesses are beginning with the official Storefront theme of WooCommerce. It is well-designed and straightforward. Several child themes are available designed for various industries. With the WordPress Customizer, almost anything can be directly modified. WooCommerce offers superior support when you get into trouble.
Storefront is highly flexible and intuitive and is deeply integrated with WooCommerce.
In case you are searching for a free tool, look for a well-maintained one, and see if it is created by any developer having WooCommerce experience.
There are obvious reasons to purchase a theme from good eCommerce developers instead of making use of a free theme. The reasons are as follows:
- Free themes offer you a similar look, which will not allow your website to stand out from the crowd.
- The free theme offers you limited functions.
- The paid themes are updated regularly.
- Also, the paid themes provide excellent customer service.
Paid WooCommerce themes can cost anywhere between $20 to $100 every year.
WooCommerce Store Management Costs:
The major costs of store management are shipping and payment gateways.
WooCommerce offers several options for local pickup, free shipping, and flat rate shipping. And for several small businesses, these are the most necessary choices.
Free options are there that can save you a lot of money.
Also, advanced shipping options are there. Such advanced shipping extensions can cost you around $9 per month to $99 per year. On average, shipping costs will lie between $0 to $108 every year.
The payment gateways let you accept payments securely and safely online. Every option varies in structure and cost, and the best part is that WooCommerce integrates with almost every big option.
The best is to make use of WooCommerce payments. It facilitates payment management in the WooCommerce Dashboard directly. There are no monthly fees and setup charges. If you use a debit card or credit card issued from U.S, you need to pay 2.9% + $0.30 for every transaction, and you need to pay a 1% extra fee for all the cards issued outside the U.S.
By using this payment method, the eligible merchant can benefit from instant deposits. You can also request an instant deposit, and within 30 minutes, you will get the money, including holidays, weekends, and nights.
You can also use other third parties, but those will charge you additional costs.
WooCommerce Running Costs:
Tons of free tools are offered by WooCommerce itself. For security, it will cost you about $0 to $348 every year, and for an SSL certificate, you may need to incur free to $300 every year. But there are two things whose costs you will need to consider, and they are as follows:
Shop Maintenance Costs
Your online store will need frequent maintenance, and all these can add to the pricing of WooCommerce. You need to consider troubleshooting issues, store updates, theme renewal fees, plugins renewal fees, etc.
You can reach out to several customers through email marketing to encourage repeat purchases, recover abandoned carts, or thank them for their orders. WooCommerce offers you several email marketing tools that come with paid and free plans, and they can range from $0 to $348 every year.
It would help if you considered tools that offer functionality and suggestions for boosting the search engine ranking of your website. Tools offer paid and free options, and they can range from free to $79 every year.
Developer Cost For Building A WooCommerce Site:
You may need to hire a developer at an hourly rate to assist with your website components that are out of your league. The developers' fees can range from $10 to $100 per hour. Or else, you can straightaway hire a developer who will build your website right from scratch. It will vary but will cost you between $1000 to $15000.
With this article, you can better understand the cost of WooCommerce. It is always good to know the business's price before doing it. Even if various expenses are included in WooCommerce, it is one of the most inexpensive options for an online business. If you are on a tight budget, you can start building your store with $135 every year. As your site continues to grow, you can invest more.