The concept of enterprise mobility has already made successful inroads into the private sector enterprises and has resulted in enhanced productivity and growth. However, in context of public sector enterprises, the adoption of the mobility has not been that good.
Public sector enterprises, unlike their private counterparts, are required to deal with volumes of data and n number of customers/clients on daily basis. This data has to be updated and fetched on a real-time basis to ensure that the client (that is the public) is served in a quick and effective manner.
Public sector enterprises by their very virtue of being at the service of public carry the image of the government of the day. From license enrollment to passport issuance, public sector enterprises have to handle lakhs of people every day.
Since there are a lot of departments in public sector enterprises, it becomes necessary for them to be integrated as they should be aware of the progress in customer’s request/application as is processed by the respective department.
Software solutions are required by these public sector enterprises to channelize mobility in their enterprise in an effective sense. For these services, software and app development firms are hired. A good number of software and app development firms are offering specialized enterprise mobility services for public sector firms in a cost-effective manner.
Mobility in Public sector enterprises has an additional element of advantage towards accelerating the growth of a nation. Unlike private sector enterprises where mobility leads to individual firm’s gain and growth, in public sector mobility brings in value addition in terms of efficiency and productivity to the public offices of a country.
Public offices are set-up that are dedicated to the service of the people and they require workflow and productivity that is of a top-notch level to serve the needs of millions in an efficient manner.
In this regards, mobility becomes an important adoption element for these firms if they really want to stand up to the Public welfare image of their working. Some of the inherent benefits of adoption of enterprise mobility in public enterprises are listed below:
- Easy flow of customer/public request from multiple departments
- Ease of governance with services available on the go
- Public can save their time by making application/request online without visiting the office physically
- Enhanced efficiency of service delivery in face of regular updates and process tracking
- Cost cutting for public sector enterprise as paperwork and documentation gets replaced by cloud data
- Productivity enhancement as more number of request/applications can be processed with the adoption of mobility in the enterprise
- Profit enhancement and revenue generation
- The public good character of the enterprise is relieved
- The governance deficit can be narrowed down with enhanced service delivery as a result of the adoption of enterprise mobility
- Saving of public money in face of reduced cost of operation
These benefits along with effective governance and public trust that would be gained post adoption of enterprise mobility add on to the ability of the concept of mobility to deliver the best.